• Add to Technorati Favorites

  • Creative Commons License
    This work by Amy Watson of Amy W. Designs is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
    Add Snippets

    Wednesday, February 09, 2011

    That Winter Feeling

    The week 6 challenge for Iron Craft was a "Winter" theme. I decided to try out some fun Christmas ice candles I saw on DollarStoreCrafts.com but with a winter spin to them.
    First, I made the ice candle using crushed ice, a candle taper, a few blue crayons and 1/2 lb of parafin.
    Next, for the decorations! I took another 1/4 lb of parafin an after melting it I beat it to a froth with my electric mixer. Spooned it on and stuck in some decorations.

    I made two using some pieces off a christmas garland, a couple of white glitter ornament balls and a few plastic scatter flakes.
    I think they turned out pretty well for my first try. I can't wait to see how the light flickering through the ice candle will look!
    I wonder if I threw some gree crayons into the parafin before I beat it if it would look like grass? Then I could make some spring candles!
    Well, I hope you enjoyed the craft for step-by-step instruction check out the DollarStoreCraft.com. And if you're looking for some scrapping, the new Mega Kit from Nuthouse Scraps, Lover's Sky is in the store now! It's SO pretty!

    Comments on "That Winter Feeling"

     

    post a comment